タイでは、「社会的公平と繁栄−21世紀に向けたタイIT(情報技術)政策」を推進している。IT政策では四つのビジョンとして、優れた教育を受けた人々と幸福な社会の達成、遠隔地域の効率的開発と富の効率的配分、環境と天然資源の保護、経済力と社会的調和の確立をあげ、これらのビジョンを実現するための具体的方策として、「遠隔地域通信拡大・近代化５ヶ年計画」を公表し、教育・訓練の充実、公共セクターの情報化を通じた政府サービスの向上、電子的手段を用いた他の各国との商取引の促進・支援などを提案している。タイの情報を入手するには、Thailand-WWW Virtual Libraryが便利である。詳細情報はURL(http://www.nectec.or.th/WWW-VL-Thailand.html)で知ることができる。The Register2001年7月10日に、「So what's the best country in the world for IT?」ということで「技術(technology)」と「住みやすさ(live)」のランキングから「IT度」を探る情報を公開した。詳細情報はURL(http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/20276.html)で知ることができる。また、@IT新着速報では最新! IT業界データ&ニュース集をURL(http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/fitbiz/updates/index/index.html)で公開している。
●GINet(Government Ibformation Technology Service)のURL(http://gits.nectec.or.th/)
●ISH(Thailand Information Superhighway Testbed Project)のURL(http://ish.nectec.or.th/)
[Thailand Information Superhighwayプロジェクトの計画]
1. Information Superhighway : An Introduction
Information Superhighway is a high speed wide area network which is capable of transmitting large volume of data over optical fiber medium. With this broadband capability, various types of networking services such as the transferring of multimedia traffic, i.e. audio and video data, as well as the transferring of the computer data can all be simultaneously handled by the network.
Huge capital investment and advanced technology are required for the creation of the necessary infrastructure for the realization of the Information Superhighway. Moreover, when every governmental, business organization and household is linked together on the Information
Superhighway, the Thai society will greatly benefit from it since this highly efficient networks could provide many kinds of services such as distance education, tele-medicine, telecommuting, electronic commerce as well as an online distribution of various information.
* To acquire the valuable experience and know-how in Information Superhighway technology by experimenting with the high-speed networks in the actual working environment.
* To enable the development of the IT industry on Thailand Information Superhighway.
* To foster the close business collaboration between the government (NECTEC, TOT, CAT), the private sector in telecommunication (TA, UCOM, TT&T, etc.) and the information providers (academic institutions, TV program producers and the mass media)
* To create public awareness of the new technology such as ATM, B-ISDN and Cable TV which will result in the creation of the commercial market for Thailand Information Superhighway.
3. Thailand Information Superhighway Testbed Project
This testbed is a joint research project between the government and the private sector. The project will take approximately one year and eight months to complete. An experimental medium-sized high speed networks will be built which will cover the strategic governmental and business sites in Thailand.
The project will lead to a formation of the appropriate technical specifications and the general framework for the future Information Superhighway in Thailand which will be well integrated into the existing telecommunication infrastructure and provide the most efficient and beneficial services to the society as a whole.
To ensure the success of this project, we will need a close cooperation from various governmental and business organizations for the support of the research fund, telecommunication networks, equipment as well as the know-how and expertise in the related fields. In order that this project be of the utmost benefit to our country, the following guideline is needed that will specify the qualifications of project participants, the specifications of the system, protocol and equipment that are going to comprise the experimental model.
3.1. Grouping of the participants
For the sake of the project management, coordination and evaluation, all participants will be divided into the following groups.
1. Core switch providers
2. Access switch providers and ATM related technology
3. Academic/Research institutions and/or governmental organizations
4. Service providers
The participation of all parties concerned in the project is intended to benefit both the users and vendors so as to enable the development of the basic infrastructure of Thailand Information Superhighway.
3.2. Qualification of the participants
Private companies in the telecommunication business, information and/or entertainment providers, governmental and non-profit organizations may take part in the project. However, for the prospective non-business participants, the following points should be carefully considered
1. The practical application of the planned experimental work in the testbed program.
2. It should be clear about the group of users in your department and the related departments that will take part in this project.
3. The choice of the connectivity to Thailand Information Superhighway could be optical fiber or other communication channel.
4. Sufficient manpower to complete the required task.
After the consideration, a project proposal should be submitted to the board of committee. Other participants from the private sector should also consider item 3 and 4 above, and also make appropriate suggestion for item 1. In order that the implementation of this project be smoothly carried out, it will require various support in the form of funding and/or equipment loan. A final project proposal should also be submitted to the board of committee.
Following is the qualifications of the project participants
3.2.1. Qualification of the core switch providers
1. Thailand Information Superhighway testbed project will be pleased to accept at least two participants from the private sector who are willing to provide ATM core switch and the necessary interfacing devices to the optical fiber links.
2. One of the participants will be required to install at least two sets of the core switch. The others will be requested to install at least one set. And all these three sets of the core switch will be installed at the three exchange node sites where the board of committee approves.
3. The participant will have to be responsible for all the expenses of the core switch devices and software incurred during the testbed project implementation.
4. The core switch devices must be provided in the form of the equipment loan or be given as a contribution to the testbed project. The participant will also have to be responsible for the task of installing, testing and the maintenance of the devices for the whole duration of the project.
5. The specification of the core switch must meet the project requirements and each rack must contain at least 6 STM-1 ports (or higher).
6. The participant must have a subsidiary in Thailand for project coordination. The core switch specialists must also be provided for the transfer of technology and system maintenance.
7. The devices and services provided by each participant must be worth at least 10 million baht.
8. The project proposal must be submitted to the board of committee before Jan 31, 1996.
3.2.2. Qualification of the access switch provider and ATM related
1. The participant will provide ATM specialists and access switch devices in the form of an equipment loan or as a contribution to other project participants from academic institutions, governmental or business organizations. The agreement might be reached in advance with a particular organization or the arrangement be made by the board of committee.
2. The device specification must comply with the requirements in 3.3.2.
3. The participant must provide at least two sets of the access switch device, and the devices might be installed in the same or in different locations.
4. The number of the access switch devices and their specifications must be submitted prior to the start of the project.
5. The access switch devices and the services provided by each participant
must be worth more than 2 million baht.
6. The project proposal must be submitted to the board of committee before Jan 31, 1996.
3.2.3. Qualification of the participants from academic/research institute and governmental organizations
1. The participant must possess adequate facility which can accommodate the system that is to be installed as part of Thailand Information Superhighway testbed project.
2. The participant must have at least two coordinating staffs who are responsible for the general management and technical administration of the system. The staffs should be appointed by the director general, rector or the department head.
3. The participant must decide on the nature of the application to be tested in the project (please refer to the application document ) , and the plan should be drawn up in order to procure the necessary equipment to be used with the ATM switch.
4. By taking the entire project schedule into consideration, the summary of the working plan and schedule should also be submitted by the participant.
3.2.4. Qualification of the service providers
1. The participant must have adequate facility, personnel and resources to provide services in the following areas, technical, information, news and entertainment etc.
2. The participant must be ready to procure any necessary equipment that will be interfaced with the ATM switch and utilize the experimental networks for sending and receiving information.
3. The participant must have a working plan and schedule that comply with the entire project schedule.
4. All information concerning the necessary equipment and the intended services, including their estimated value, must be provided to the
board of committee.
5. The equipment and services provided by the participant must be worth at least 3 million baht.
6. All services provided in the testbed project must be free of charge.
The Information Superhighway Testbed Project is a national project funded by the Thai Government to promote the applications of broadband services in Thailand. The project is managed by National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC), with a wide range of private-sector participations from the industry. For further details and contact, please
Oxford大学のLuciano Floridiが公開したWhat is the Philosophy of Information?
GAOが2001年11月30日に公開したLeading Commercial Practices for Outsourcing of Services
Department of Education Annual Plan 2002-2003
WEFのGlobal IT Report 2002-2003/Executive Summary
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Overall Competitiveness Rankings
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Chapter on The Growth Competitiveness Index
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Chapter on The Microeconomic Competitiveness Index
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Profiles of the Top Five Countries/United States
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Profiles of the Top Five Countries/Finland
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Profiles of the Top Five Countries/Taiwan
Global IT Report 2002-2003/Profiles of the Top Five Countries/Singapore
Profiles of the Top Five Countries/Sweden
Thailand-WWW Virtual Library
ICT(Information and Communication Technology)
WITSA(World Information Technology and Service Alliance)
WEF(the World Economic Forum)